About the Course
Monument Shadows features an 18-hole championship golf course providing a fun, challenging round of golf for all abilities. The scenic beauty is second to none sitting at the base of the Scotts Bluff National Monument. It features beautifully manicured greens, fairways and roughs with evergreen and deciduous trees throughout. Along with trees the course features sand and water on several holes.
The golf course has four sets of tee markers ranging from just over 4,800 yards from the Forward markers to over 6,800 yards from the Back markers. The golf course also has two sets of family tee markers, 3,000 and 3,900 yards, that add to the enjoyment for youth or new golfers. Aside from the challenge, the serenity and beauty of the course is unforgettable.
Selecting the appropriate set of tee markers will assure a fun round for all ages, genders and skill levels. The course is moderately easy to walk and the layout requires the full range of shot making. Golfers never feel like they are playing the same course day in and day out.
Driving range is available to all golfers. A small bucket of range balls can be purchased for $3.50 (approximately 35 balls). We also offer annual memberships to the driving range that gives players unlimited practice time.
A chipping green and a putting green round out the practice facilities.
Driving Range Hours
Winter: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Hours for the Driving Range are Weather Permitting
Summer: 7:00am - 7:00pm
Range Closes at 5:00pm Wednesdays for Clean Pick
Rules and Course Layout
- USGA Rules govern all play except where modified by local rules.
- PENALTY AREAS - Defined by Red Stakes or Lines
- OUT OF BOUNDS - Defined by White Stakes or Boundary Fences
- Yardage marked on sprinkler heads is to the center of the green. Markers on the edges of the fairway are to the center of the green. Red - 100 yds White - 150 yds Blue - 200 yds Gold - 250 yds
- All maintained cart paths and roadways are obstructions. Drop one club length from nearest point of relief no closer to the hole, with no penalty.
- Please keep carts on paths around tees and greens; cross fairways at 90°.
- Please replace all divots, fix ball marks and rake bunkers.
- Slow play will be monitored. Play Ready Golf and keep up with the group in front of you. Pace of play is 2 hours per 9 holes and will be enforced.
- Proper attire must be worn at all times.